Friday, April 20, 2012

Easy Earth Day Project

So Earth Day is coming up on Sunday, and I wanted us to do something at home to help the Earth.  Lily loves to cut and glue, and she's good at it, so I thought it would be a good idea to label some recycling bins for different materials.  Well, she took total ownership of the project and labeled some of the extra trash cans we had around the house so that we can now separate our recyclables.  She even wants to do it again at Lolo and Lola's house (grandparents).

The dad in me thought "Man! This is the kind of project that could go on a resume."  Then I stopped thinking of turning my girl into an overachiever at three years old and let her relish in her task.  Lily was so proud of her work, as you can see in the picture, and I was very proud, too.  It's not a super creative project, but it's a step toward educating Lily about how to take care of the Earth.

There are lots of events going on this weekend for those of you interested in taking your kids or just going on your own.  Help take care of the Earth.

Cheers!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment